Programmai is looking for a full-time Talent Acquisition Manager in London. We’re building a world-class team based on high talent density, requiring no rules and/or policies.
As the first People-based hire for the business, the sky’s the limit. While hiring is always-on, we nurture talent once it’s here. We want to enable people to do the best work of their careers, and have everyone feel like an owner. Freedom and responsibility are important to us.
Our talent density is already high, with many of the team coming from Google, ASOS, Dyson, DeepMind, Oxford and UCL. Here no one is a B player. Everyone is encouraged to lean into their strengths and make an impact — do it their way.
Don’t just take our word for it though. Ask anyone at Programmai about the culture. Interview us!
Programmai is a predictive marketing technology. We use first-party customer data in a privacy compliant way to improve the performance of online advertising.
Think Amazon. Now think about all the companies striving to be like them. We sit right in the middle. Our platform helps brands like ASOS and Deliveroo gain a predictive edge in the major ad platforms (Google, Facebook, Snapchat and TikTok).
We’re early-stage and London-based. In September 2020, we closed our seed round (+$1m) from a position of strength. And now we’re on a fast growth trajectory.
Tech we use at present:
- Google Cloud Platform, managed with Terraform
- Elixir for APIs, storage and external integration
- Python for Machine Learning pipelines
- Reason React and GraphQL for the frontend web app
- Integrations into Google, FB, Instagram, Snap, TikTok and more
- Partner with our ‘Heads of’ to understand their hiring needs and objectives
- Own and drive project and program work to lay the path for all teams to scale with high-density talent
- Implement frameworks and processes that remove human biases and promote equality
- Track and analyse metrics, with regular reporting on hiring progress to leadership
- Deliver high-quality, holistic recruitment experiences. We care more about the right person than the role
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for building teams: You have experience in nurturing talent and delivering exceptional employee experience.
- Exposure to the full-cycle recruiting experience: You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment that shares Programmai values (or you do!)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: As the face of Programmai, you know how to blend professionalism and friendliness.
- Proven ability to build a diverse pipeline: You know that timing is everything. You can attract passive candidates and reach all talent, not more of the same.
- An active, data-driven approach to problem-solving: You enjoy making sense of the trends and using insights to improve processes.
- Flexible mindset for growth: You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change.
- Keen interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment: You pride yourself on learning fast and don’t take yourself too seriously. A wry sense of humor is always appreciated!
These are our ideal requirements but we invest in potential over histories. We know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. Please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
Bonus points if:
- You’ve been there and done that. You have experience that you can speak to, which matches Programmai’s requirements.
- You read the literature and can debate the pros and cons of various team-building philosophies. The founder is willing to go there with you!
- Work with highly talented, passionate people and have fun along the way. We’re all learning what it takes for a startup to reach unicorn status.
- There are no layers of bureaucracy to jump through. Put forward a radical suggestion and know that the idea won’t be killed until both sides of the debate have been fully understood and debated.
- It gets easier. We’re less known today but by the time you’ve made your mark, we’ll be fighting to keep you.
- Spend 50% of your time working side by side with the founder.
What’s in it for you?
It’s normal for people to say a competitive salary and benefits. That’s table stakes. We want to find out what motivates you, in order to guarantee that we can offer it. That being said:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing company
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Dog-friendly Shoreditch office with our very own sausage dog, Billie
- End of quarter learning and social events
- Mindfulness, yoga, team sports and more
This is an office-based position in Shoreditch, 5-minutes walk from Shoreditch High Street Station. Dogs and friends of Programmai can visit and enjoy the office perks – kombuchas, fresh coffees, rooftop drinks!
How to Apply
Please fill out this Typeform.