We are looking for a full-time software engineer in London (or in Europe working remotely) to help us build a world-class web platform.
Our Engineering team consists of an ex-Googler, a DeepMind scholar, and other really talented and friendly people. We work in a collaborative atmosphere, and value autonomy highly.
Programmai is a predictive marketing technology. We use first-party customer data in a privacy compliant way to improve the performance of online advertising.
Think Amazon. Now think about all the companies striving to be like them. We sit right in the middle. Our platform helps brands like ASOS and Deliveroo gain a predictive edge in the major ad platforms (Google, Facebook, Snapchat and TikTok).
We’re early-stage and London-based. In September 2020, we closed our seed round (+$1m) from a position of strength. And now we’re on a fast growth trajectory.
Tech we use at present:
- Google Cloud Platform, managed with Terraform;
- Elixir for APIs, storage, and external integration;
- Python for the Machine Learning pipelines;
- Reason React and GraphQL for the frontend web app.
- Build APIs to serve our user-facing web applications.
- Model the business logic in relational databases.
- Integrate with external APIs (e.g. Facebook, Google).
- Help to evolve our system, improve automation, and make important technical decisions with us.
- Review code and share knowledge.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of writing readable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Solid programming skills in at least one backend language (Elixir, C++, Python, Ruby etc).
- Strong understanding in API design (RESTful or GraphQL).
- Good understanding in SQL.
- Willingness to learn new languages / technologies.
These are our ideal requirements but we invest in potential over histories. We know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. Please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience in any functional languages (particularly Elixir).
- You have experience in Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, and CI/CD tools.
- You are interested in gaining full-stack skills.
- Work with highly talented, passionate people and have fun along the way. We’re all learning what it takes for a startup to reach unicorn status.
- There are no layers of bureaucracy to jump through. Put forward a radical suggestion and know that the idea won’t be killed until both sides of the debate have been fully understood and debated.
- You’ll have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company that uses machine learning to disturb an existing problem area.
What’s in it for you?
It’s normal for people to say a competitive salary and benefits. That’s table stakes. We want to find out what motivates you, in order to guarantee that we can offer it. That being said:
- Equity in a fast-growing company
- Competitive salary plus additional performance-related rewards
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Well-located office with our adorable dog Billie (if you’re in London)
- End of quarter learning and social events
- Mindfulness, yoga, team sports and more
For now, we’re taking a blended WFH approach. The office is a 5-minute walk from Shoreditch High Street Station. Dogs and friends of Programmai can visit and enjoy all the office perks (Kombucha, rooftop drinks, fresh coffee!)
How to Apply
Please fill out this Typeform to begin the process, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.